Saturday 11 April 2015

Model Making and Visualising

Developing the pyramid concept and thinking about where this work could be placed i started by taking my designs and making them into little three dimensional models to test the designs and whether they were achievable. I enjoyed this because similar to the quick sketches it allowed me to make ideas become physical quickly like a 3d sketchbook.

Different scales, Patterns and Techniques

Initial experiments placement and scale

I also experimented with scale and size to achieve a textural feel to the pyramids (below). The different lengths and widths collectively created a sort of textural pulse which intrigued me as a idea.

experimentation with different shapes and texture


I also started to visit galleries mainly in Liverpool and Manchester because i am planning to be based in liverpool after graduation. I wanted to look at the spaces which would be available to me in the future and also think about how i would apply my work to that space. To do this i took photographs and then illustrated over the top of them options of how i could use the pyramid concept and other areas of my work in  a gallery setting. I really enjoyed the process because it made me have to consider scale and placement and also what materials i could use in certain space. All good practice for gallery pitching.

Gallery Visuals : Whitworth Art Gallery and The Bluecoat Liverpool

No comments:

Post a Comment