Sunday 19 April 2015

Outward Facing

Throughout this year i have been striving to improve my external presence and to start developing contacts with people in the industry i would like to work with and who generally inspire me. My Instgram has been the main platform for my networking but i have started to develop twitter and a portfolio website as two other points of contact.

During this process i have spoken to many fellow graduates and practitioners creating opportunities for myself after graduation.

The first is upcoming work experience with a Paper Artist called Andy Singleton who's work was featured in the First Cut Exhibition. He emailed me to offer me some work experience starting assisting which will be extremely beneficial to me and my ambition to make installation art myself. His work has always inspired me and i want to learn as much as i can from him. It is a exciting opportunity!

Nebula 2014 and Ice Form 2014 - Andy Singleton


I have also been investigating and talking to galleries and companies in Liverpool to see how i can get my work seen because i am planning to be based there. I have already spoken to a shop called Nook and cranny who sell many independent Illustrators work about stocking my prints after University as well as others.

Nook and Cranny - Liverpool
i like the ambiance of their store and will be going for a interview in the near future to discuss the ideas.

I have definitely learned the importance of networking for creating opportunities for yourself this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment