Thursday 23 April 2015

Vertical Gallery Pitch

As part of my Unit X development i decided to pitch an idea for commission for the Universities Vertical gallery space. This was an important step in the right direction for me because it was the first time i had ever pitched and considered making a installation piece for the gallery.

 Recently i have been experimenting with making my imagination and vision more three dimensional and the pitch forced me to think about what i could do with a gallery space. I really enjoyed to process of looking at a blank space and filling it with me.

My pitch was to make a paper installation of paper pyramids. The reason i chose pyramids was because i wanted the focus to be more on how i decorated and illustrated a shape rather than the shape itself and pyramids are easy to construct quickly.

The idea was to create a collection of pyramids which could be on the floor or taking over something. they could all be decorated the same or each one could be different. I made some visuals and sketches of the idea. (see below)

I unfortunately did not get chosen for the gallery but it was a valuable experience for me to learn more about working to commission and also having the confidence to pitch was a personal triumph. It has definitely made me enthusiastic to work larger scale and create installation art for galleries as one of approaches to work after graduation.


No comments:

Post a Comment