Wednesday 29 April 2015

Virtual Presence

Recently graduates have visited University to show their portfolios to help us decide how we want to approach our own. I found the portfolio day with Hannah kirkbride (Patternmash) and a talk by recent graduate Elnaz Yazdani the most helpful and informative. Both graduates portfolios were simple in approach which is how i will approach my own so the focus is on my work rather than layout.

I have also started to develop a website to work alongside my Online presence on Instagram. I wanted the website to be a place where people can view my work finished as opposed to just developing on my instagram. The design is deliberately simple because i want the focus to be on the work not on the functions of the site. I looked around at other artists webpages to get a sense of placement and style and i found Susie Macmurray's site approach most effective. I am happy with the site so far but i will continue to refine it.

Website Homepage

Instagram Homepage
As part of the Unit i also decided to design a business card which i will be able to give out at the Degree show and New Designers. It was challenging trying to show yourself in a very small space and give the right first impression. The end design i feel shows me and my work effectively in a simple refined way. 

Final Business Card


No comments:

Post a Comment