Tuesday 28 April 2015

Installation Testing

Because i want one element of my practice to be focused at galleries and installation art i wanted to make a physical installation. I have proposed this for the degree show because it is a great platform to show this. With that in mind i wanted to experiment with the pyramids and the idea of my Imagination taking over an area. To use the pyramids as my medium to paint a picture from my imagination or represent me and my everyday imagination.


Firstly i tried a small attempt of the different pyramids progressing up an object. I used a chair and i feel it was successful. I enjoyed viewing it from many different angles because it revealed different designs on different sides of the work.

After this i wanted to attempt suspending and having the pyramids progress over something because although i felt the effect on the chair was a success i wanted to do more with the pyramids. I made a mini installation of a vision i had for the degree show, which would be the pyramids suspended and on the floor but collectively looking like a waterfall, almost like my imagination crashing though the art school.


The larger scale installation would not have as much space between the pyramids and from doing the test i found i need to find some way to weigh the suspended pyramids down because they are not heavy enough to keep the fishing wire straight without. for the little model i used coins but i may use something else such as crystal shards for the installation because they will be visible.

experiment mixing a0 illustration and pyramids
I also tested another possible idea of printing one of my illustrations large scale and using pyramids in corresponding colour to give the effect of part of the illustration spiking (pictures above), I felt it looked like a pulse of energy hitting the drawing. I plan to develop this idea in more detail as another installation possibility.


No comments:

Post a Comment