Friday 20 March 2015

Applying Illustration to Different Surfaces

Aside from the paper experiments i wanted to try drawing on a number of different surfaces these included Perspex, glass, ceramics and foils to show i am open to many different areas. I also wanted to experiment and use medium i would not usually. I felt the teapot was the most successful although the ceramic surface was very slippy to draw straight onto I could collaborate with a 3d student in the future to investigate other ways of applying my drawing. I want to develop the idea  further into a mini project of teapot designs. Offering an alternative to the traditional crockery. This is another context i could investigate further as another side to my practice. 


I also felt that filming my work would be something i want to try and improve at so i decided to record part of me drawing on this as an experimentation of film and to see how effective it was. The outcome was a very quick way of engaging my audience with my work. Although there is a lot of room for improvement with quality i am going to keep developing towards creating a youtube channel to work alongside my Instagram as another way of engaging the public in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment